A continuation from CHIN 231 of communicative language study.
The number of people who are learning Chinese as a second language is increasing very rapidly. It is also the second most common language on the Internet. As China is an increasingly important business partner of New Zealand, learning Chinese will give you the edge over other candidates for a wide variety of jobs.
|Paper title||Intermediate Chinese 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- CHIN 231.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- CHIN 334 or any other more advanced Chinese language paper
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Course outline
- Suitable for students specialising in any discipline.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Languages and Cultures' website
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Dr Sin Wen Lau
- Teaching Arrangements
We will study one lesson from the Textbook every 2 weeks. We will begin with Lesson 27 and end with Lesson 32 in NPCR 3. In order to take full advantage of the class's interactive lectures, students will do a variety of activities focused on the new vocabulary (peer dictations, character games, etc).
Liu, Xun, ed. Xin Shiyong Hanyu Keben 3 (New Practical Chinese Reader 3) (Textbook). Available at the University Book Shop.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Cultural understanding, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By participating in lectures and tutorials, completing the assigned homework and via
other independent learning activities (practice with Language Perfect, meetings with
language match partners and exercises based on suggested online resources), students
- An intermediate-level understanding of the Chinese language structure
- Increased confidence in their conversational skills
- An intermediate level in reading and writing skills.