An overview of modern approaches to primary source material and of the skills required to undertake research through a number of case studies.
This paper has been replaced by CLAS 330 Tales of Troy: from Homer to Hollywood
|Paper title||Research Methods in Classical Studies|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$904.05|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,954.75|
- 18 200-level CLAS, GREK or LATN points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Students who have not passed the normal prerequisite may be admitted with approval from the Head of Department.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Classics' website
- Teaching staff
- Lecturers: Dr Arlene Allan, Dr Sean McConnell, Dr Dan Osland, Dr Pat Wheatley and Dr Gwynaeth McIntyre
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An understanding of the skills required to generate and implement a research project.