An exploration of contemporary debates in geography with an emphasis on their expression in South Pacific contexts.
|Paper title||Geographies of the South Pacific|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,110.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 54 GEOG points
- GEOG 278
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed when paper is next offered.
- Teaching Arrangements
This course is based on a series of lectures and tutorials as well as a series of key readings
- No text book is required: key readings will be available on Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of this paper, students should:
- Have a critical awareness and understanding of contemporary debates in geography
- Be able to independently assess and critique how these debates manifest in a South Pacific context
- Have an appreciation for the situated nature of geographical knowledge
- Understand the importance of context and of language in geography.