A continuation of JAPA 231. Develops communication skills in professional and business-related Japanese language, with equal emphasis on speaking, listening, reading, writing, and training in the cultural protocols involved in conducting business and professional activities in Japan.
The goal of this paper is the simultaneous development of all four language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) at a higher level than JAPA 231, with an emphasis on professional and business-related Japanese language. By the end of the paper, you will learn how to express yourself in a culturally appropriate manner in various socio-cultural and business environments. You will also deepen your understanding of Japanese society through the introduction of a variety of visual and literary information about its culture and people.
|Paper title||Business and Professional Japanese|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- JAPA 231.
If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- A short interview or placement test will be held during Course Approval in order to place students in the paper appropriate to their knowledge of the language.
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Haruko Stuart
- Teaching Arrangements
- Three hours of lectures per week plus a 1-hour tutorial per week.
- GENKI (II) The Japan Times (Ch 22 & Ch23 will be covered) Textbook and Workbook Nihongo Chuukyuu J301 Three A Network (Ch3 & Ch4 will be covered) Textbook (available at the University Book Shop)
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, level N3