The development of advanced-level Japanese language skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing, applying grammatical analysis to authentic Japanese materials. This course complements JAPA332.
In this paper, students continue to acquire the knowledge of the Japanese language. A variety of speaking and writing activities allows students to place the Japanese vocabulary items and grammar structures they have learnt in context. A big step towards grasping many opportunities offered by one of the world's leading economical and cultural powers.
|Paper title||Advanced Japanese 1|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$955.05|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- JAPA 233
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- (i) JAPA331 and JAPA332 are not sequential and may be taken in any order. (ii) If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- In this paper, the students will:
- Read authentic Japanese materials
- Write and speak complex ideas in Japanese
- Learn Japanese-language grammar
- Expand one's vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
Each week there will be one 2-hour lecture, one 1-hour lecture, and one 1-hour tutorial.
Textbooks are not required for this paper. A course reader will be compiled.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Demonstrate the ability to express complex ideas in Japanese and the understanding of how one can proceed with the Japanese language acquisition in the future
- Have the ability to prepare for the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, level N2