The development of advanced-level Japanese language skills in speaking, listening, reading, and writing, applying grammatical analysis to authentic Japanese material. This course complements JAPA331.
In this paper, students continue to acquire the knowledge of the Japanese language. A variety of speaking and writing activities allows students to place the Japanese vocabulary items and grammar structures they have learnt in context. A big step towards grasping many opportunities offered by one of the world's leading economical and cultural powers.
|Paper title||Advanced Japanese 2|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$929.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- JAPA 233
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
In this paper, the students will:
- Read authentic Japanese materials
- Write and speak complex ideas in Japanese
- Learn Japanese-language grammar
- Expand their vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
Each week there will be one two-hour lecture, one one-hour lecture and one one-hour tutorial.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Information
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Demonstrate the ability to express complex ideas in Japanese and the understanding of how one can proceed with the Japanese language acquisition in the future
- Have the skills required to pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, level N2