An advanced Japanese language paper which extends students’ Japanese language skills through the discussion of particular areas of the Japanese culture.
In this paper, students engage in a number of advanced language learning activities, such as reading the relevant contemporary texts and discussion in Japanese of the issues raised by those texts. A great preparation to participate in business and cultural communities in Japan.
|Paper title||Advanced Japanese 3|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$929.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- JAPA 331 or JAPA 332
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- If you have previous knowledge of the language you can still enrol in this paper via Special Permission by proceeding with your application process to the Review and Submit page or email email@example.com for assistance.
- Teaching staff
Convenor: Dr J-R Hayashishita
- Paper Structure
This paper introduces current issues in Japanese society. The students will:
- Collect information from authentic Japanese materials
- Present their findings in class in Japanese
- Expand their vocabulary of the Japanese language
- Teaching Arrangements
Each week there will be one two-hour lecture, and one one-hour tutorial.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
Discussion materials will be circulated electronically.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Critical thinking,
Cultural understanding, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will demonstrate an understanding of the current issues in the Japanese society and the ability to discuss them in Japanese.