A study of selections from two Latin authors of the Classical period.
This paper is devoted to the reading of selections from two major Latin authors, with emphasis on understanding the Latin and appreciating the texts as works of literature. You will also extend your Latin vocabulary, consolidate your knowledge of Latin syntax and develop skills in the scansion and reading of Latin verse.
|Paper title||Intermediate Latin Authors|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- LATN 211
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- View further information about Latin on the Department of Classics website
- Teaching staff
- Lecturer: Professor Jon Hall
- Paper Structure
- Internal Assessment 40%
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Self-motivation, In-depth knowledge.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An in-depth knowledge of Latin language and literature.