A study of works of two Latin authors of the Classical period.
This paper is devoted to the reading of two major Latin authors, with emphasis on understanding the Latin and appreciating the texts as works of literature. You will also extend you Latin vocabulary, consolidate your knowledge of Latin syntax and develop skills in the scansion and reading of Latin verse.
|Paper title||Advanced Latin Authors 1|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$886.35|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- LATN 212
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- View further information about Latin on the Department of Classics website
- Teaching staff
- Lecturer: Professor Jon Hall
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is offered on alternate years in rotation with LATN 329.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Self-motivation, In-depth knowledge.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An in-depth knowledge of Latin language and literature.