The theory and practice of playwriting. The study and writing of short plays and screenplays.
In this popular paper, you will gain an introduction to the unique requirements of playwriting and screenwriting by writing your own short play and via a variety of exercises designed to sharpen your writer's mind and critical awareness.
|Paper title||Writing for Stage and Screen|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,110.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- (THEA 101 or 121 or 122 ) or 54 points
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
Please contact the School of Performing Arts office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Your lecturer will give you a list of required readings at the commencement of the paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper will give you an understanding of some of the playwright's tools, along with an ability to critically and analytically evaluate your work and to produce a short play of good quality for a first-time writer.