BSc (Otago) PGDipDiet
Professional Practice Fellow based in Auckland
Priscilla Natalia is a Professional Practice Fellow for the Masters of Dietetics Programme within the Department of Human Nutrition. Priscilla is an advanced learning dietetic tutor who supports the Year 2 Masters of Dietetic students based in Auckland during their professional placements. Priscilla has been working in this role since 2009.
Priscilla graduated from a Bachelor of Science majoring in Human Nutrition in 1997 and went onto complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics. After gaining New Zealand Registration (NZRD), Priscilla began working in Clinical adult nutrition at Auckland Hospital. She then developed a special interest in Clinical Paediatrics which prompted the move to Starship Children’s Hospital working in areas such as diabetes and general medicine. Priscilla later moved to London and became a UK registered Dietitian working predominantly at Great Ormond Street Children’s hospital for 7 years. It was here that she gained specialist experience in Paediatric nephrology and metabolic medicine. Upon returning to New Zealand in 2008, Priscilla worked in Community Paediatrics within Auckland District Health Board and soon after entered into the education sector in her current role. Priscilla continues to work within Clinical Paediatrics as a contractor to an ACC provider.
• coordinates the clinical prescribing assessment for the Year 2 Master of Dietetics programme students
• supports students to achieve entry level competency within the clinical, public health and foodservice domains during professional placements in Auckland
• facilitates WDHB Clinical supervisor workshops working collaboratively with Massey and Auckland Universities
• facilitates parent centre talks to new mothers and their babies
Certificates of Training/Professional Development:
• Dietitian Prescriber (2011)
• Current member of New Zealand Dietitians Association
• Current member of the Dietitians NZ Paediatric Special Interest Group
• Current member of the ACC Dietitians support group