Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Variations to Employment Agreements
The University is pleased to confirm that variations to the following agreements have been ratified as of 5 April 2019:
- Academic Staff (Non-Medical/Dental) Collective Employment Agreement
- General Staff Collective Employment Agreement
Staff covered by these collective agreements will have the changes automatically applied.
Staff who are employed on the following individual agreements as at 5 April 2019 will be emailed an offer in early May:
- Academic Staff (Medical/Dental) Individual Employment Agreement
- Academic Staff (Non-Medical/Dental) Individual Employment Agreement
- Clinical Tutor Individual Employment Agreement
- General Practitioners Individual Employment Agreement
- General Staff Individual Employment Agreement (to be renamed Professional Staff Individual Employment Agreement)
- Joint Clinical Individual Employment Agreement
- Management Band Individual Employment Agreement
- Poisons Officers Individual Employment Agreement
- University Union Individual Employment Agreement
There is no change to the casual staff, student, postdoctoral fellow, residential assistants, and tutor and demonstrators employment agreements, nor to any other employment agreement not listed above.
The details of the offer will be sent via email to staff member’s own Otago or SDHB email address. Staff who do not wish to receive correspondence via email are asked to contact the Promotions and Remuneration team by 30 April 2019 to advise of an alternative contact method. Staff salary information will not be included in the email correspondence.
Salary increases and any related back pay will be paid in the fortnightly pay of 22 May 2019 and monthly pay of 31 May 2019. Payments to staff on individual agreements are subject to acceptance.
Salary increases for staff employed on all employment agreements listed above (including the collective agreements) will be effective from 1 July 2018 or the staff member’s start date, whichever is later.
New Appointments and Vacancy Advertising
For positions covered by the above employment agreements, Human Resources will shortly quote the new scales in both recruitment advertising and in letters of offer.
Where recruitment system advertising or offer information received by Human Resources has already quoted the 2017 salary scale this will be automatically changed to the 1 July 2018 scale. Any other transitional matters relating to advertising or appointments already in progress will be discussed with Departments as necessary.
Offers to Staff on other Employment Agreements
All other employment agreements not mentioned above are currently being considered or are awaiting negotiation. Staff will be advised of any changes in due course. The current agreements and scales will continue to apply.
Resignations / Retirements / Redundancy
Staff who have left the University prior to 5 April 2019 will not be eligible for increases or back pay. Refer to the Remuneration Policy, “Procedure for Negotiations of Employment Agreements”,
or contact email@example.com.
Should you have any questions or need to contact us regarding the upcoming email correspondence please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 479 9051.