The Web Kiosk allows an approver to delegate the approval of requests to another person or position for a short period of time, or permanently (using end date 31/12/2049).
You can delegate the request types (e.g. Leave and Additional Hours) to the same position, or requests can be delegated separately.
Steps for delegating approvals:
1. Select 'Approval delegation' from the Approvals menu under My Approvals
2. Click ‘Add new Approval Delegation record’
3. Select the approval type. Choose 'ALL' to delegate approval requests for leave and extra hours/overtime
- Select ALL, if you wish to delegate approval requests for leave, extra hours/overtime. This does not include online timesheet.
- Select Web Timesheets, if you wish to delegate online timesheet approvals only.
- Select Web Leave Bookings, if you which to delegate leave booking approvals only.
4. Click the dropdown arrow to search for and select the Position Number or Person ID (employee number) that you want the requests to be delegated to.
The first field may be labelled 'Delegated Position Number' or 'Delegated Person ID' depending upon the approvals setup. Use person ID if you are delegating timesheet approval access.
5. Insert the delegation date range, ensure the 'Only Apply Delegation for' drop down list is blank as above, and click 'insert'
7. Click 'Update'
8. Delegation records will now appear under the initial screen and can be changed by clicking on 'Edit'
9. Delegation history records can be viewed by clicking on 'Approval History'