Here you can download the current pay scales for the following staff groups:
Adult minimum wage
The University of Otago have applied the 1 April 2021 Adult Minimum Wage increase where appropriate.
- Non Medical/Dental scales
- Medical/Dental scales
- School & Early Childhood Support Services scales
- Postdoctoral Fellow scales
These scales apply to staff employed on the General Staff Collective and Individual employment agreements.
- Scale 1, Level 1-8
- Scale 1, Level 1-8 (40 hour week)
- Scale 2, Technical Trainees
- Scale 3, Research Assistants
- Scale 4, Trades Staff
- Scale 5, Student Health Practice Nurses
- Scale 6, Residential Colleges
- Scale 7, Executive Residence Housekeepers
- Scale 8, Clinical Research Nurse/Midwife
- Student Health General Practitioner
- Scale U, University Union
These scales apply to staff employed on the Casual and Student Individual employment agreements.
Casual and Student Academic rates
Casual and Student Professional rates
- Level 1 - 8 scales (Casual and Student)
- Research Assistants scales (Casual and Student)
- Trades Staff scales (Casual and Student)
- University Union (Casual and Student)
This scale applies to Tutors and Demonstrators as per the Tutor and Demonstrator Guidelines.