Scholarships for students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean
The purpose of these scholarships is for candidates to gain knowledge and skills through postgraduate study in specific subject areas that will assist in the development of their home country.
New Zealand Scholarships are for postgraduate study in New Zealand and are available to candidates from specific African, Asian, Caribbean and Latin American countries, and from Bhutan, Jordan, Mongolia, Nepal and Timor-Leste. New Zealand Scholarships are also available for undergraduate study to candidates from Timor-Leste.
What they cover
- full tuition fees
- a living allowance - this is a contribution to basic living expenses
- an initial establishment allowance on arrival
- medical insurance
- travel from and to your home country - this is for travel from your home country at the start of the scholarship and for you to return to your home country at the end of your scholarship
- home leave or reunion travel for some scholars
- assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students
Partners of NZ Scholars may be eligible for a Partner of an NZ Aid Student Work Visa that allows them to live and work in New Zealand for the duration of their partner's study.
Who is eligible?
Applications for New Zealand Scholarships are welcome from a wide range of counrties in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
How to apply
More information on the University of Otago application process and programmes.
Apply to study at the University of Otago.
How to apply for a New Zealand Scholarship.