Exchange application process
Steps when applying to the University of Otago as an exchange student:
- You complete the internal exchange application process at your home university.
- Your home university sends your exchange nomination to the University of Otago.
- An Exchange Adviser at Otago emails the application instructions to you. This email will contain the appropriate link/code and any additional information you will need to apply to Otago. Please wait for this email before progressing any further.
- You apply and upload original or certified copies of all previous tertiary level studies undertaken and proof of English language, if applicable. We accept documents that have been certified by staff of the Study Abroad office at your home institution (see Submitting identification documents guidelines).
- You'll automatically register for the mandatory Studentsafe Inbound University Insurance.
- An offer of place is emailed to you within four to eight weeks.
- You apply for accommodation at Uniflats.
- You apply for your New Zealand student visa.
- You arrive in Dunedin (Otago study dates).
- You attend Orientation for new international students.