COVID-19 - Sadly the University of Otago has cancelled in-person exchange in Otago's semester two 2021 (Jul-Nov). Please refer to the information for new international students currently offshore.
Exchange Application process
Steps when applying to the University of Otago as an exchange student:
- You complete the exchange application/placement process at your home university.
- Your home university sends your exchange nomination to the University of Otago.
- An Exchange Adviser at Otago will email the application instructions to you. This email will contiain the appropriate link/code and any additional information you will need to apply to Otago. Please wait for this email before progressing any futher.
- You complete the online aplication and upload required documents online (i.e. transcript and proof of English language, if applicable).
- You'll automatically register for the mandatory Studentsafe Inbound University Insurance.
- An offer of place is emailed to you within four to eight weeks.
- You apply for accommodation at Uniflats.
- You apply for your NZ student visa.
- You arrive in Dunedin (Otago study dates).
- You attend Orientation for new international students.