Last updated February, 2021
The University of Minnesota was established in 1851 and is Minnesota's flagship landgrant university, boasting five campuses and an enrollment of approximately 47,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Housed in the University of Minnesota, the Carlson School of Management is a leader in business education and research.
The Carlson School of Management is located in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Nestled amid the University of Minnesota campus, it's a collegiate environment within walking distance of a major metropolitan area. As the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Minnesota is a prime destination for boating, water skiing, swimming, fishing, and more. Minneapolis is home to 130 art galleries, 20 music companies, 15 museums, 10 dance companies, and a newly built state-of-the-art downtown public library. The Twin Cities area is the entertainment and cultural heart of the Upper Midwest, with world-renowned museums and orchestras, and a lively music and nightclub scene.
- Undergraduate, graduate and MBA exchange.
- Academic Year: September - May (Fall Term: September - December; Winter Term: January - May).
- Minimum course load - 12 credit hours; maximum course load - 20 credit hours per semester.
- Course progression system: 3000, 4000, 5000 = undergraduate/bachelor courses; 6000+ = graduate level courses.
- Majors: Accounting - ACCT; Entrepreneurial Management - MGMT, ENTR; Finance - FINA; Finance and Risk Management Insurance - INS, FINA; Human Resources & Industrial Relations - HRIR; International Business - IBUS; Management Information Systems - IDSC; Marketing - MKTG; Public and Nonprofit Management - PA, MGMT; Supply Chain & Operations Management - SCO.
- ECON courses are limited for incoming exchange students.
- Courses available/restricted
- Courses available to exchange students
- Important dates
- Cost of living
- Information for new exchange students
- Disability Services
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
You may wish to read the exchange experiences from Otago students who studied at the University of Minnesota, Department of Food Science and Nutrition.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.