Last updated January, 2021
UCD is a vibrant, modern University with almost 30,000 students inincluding over 5,000 international students from 127 countries. UCD is situated on a spacious and leafy campus about 5 km to the south of Dublin city centre.The UCD Lochlann Quinn School of Business is the leading Undergraduate Business School in Ireland. It combines the excitement of University life with one of the most progressive education programmes in the world.
Located on the east coast of Ireland, Dublin began as a Viking settlement founded over one thousand years ago. In the 21st century, with a population of over one million people, Dublin is the thriving capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the centre of the political, diplomatic, administrative and commercial life of the country. Famous for its literary tradition, Ireland's capital has been home to writers from Jonathan Swift to William Butler Yeats and James Joyce. A visit to Dublin allows you to explore both the historical and the modern, from castles and churches to cafés and clubs.
- Undergraduate level exchange only.
- Academic Year: September – May (first semester: September – December; second semester: January – May).
- Course Load: minimum 20 ECTS (four modules); maximum 30 ECTS (six modules) per semester.
- Workload per course: the majority of modules are worth 5ECTS, amounting to 125 hours per semester.
- Course progression system: similar to Otago's.
- Students must be in their third year of study at the time they commence their exchange. Exchange students take courses from the third year options.
- It is not possible to take courses offered in first or second year programmes. Nor is it possible to take courses offered outside of the Quinn School of Business at University College Dublin or graduate level courses offered at Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business.
- Lochlann Quinn School of Business courses
- UC Dublin Quinn School of Business semester dates
- UC Dublin Quinn School of Business accommodation
- UC Dublin cost of living
- Student Life
- UCD Disability Office
- UCD visa and immigration information
- Visas and insurance information for students going on exchange
- 2022 S2 BCom ECON JR
- 2019 S2 BCom MART TOUR RL
- 2019 S1 BCom MANT MART CS
- 2019 S1 BCom ACCT DB
- 2018 S2 BCom MART ML
- 2018 S1 BCom ACCT FINC HJ
- 2017 S2 BCom ACCT ECON EB
- 2017 S2 BCom MARC MANT AM
- 2017 S1 BCom ACCT FINA AT
You may also want to read the UC Dublin exchange experiences.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.