Last updated August, 2022
The University College Dublin (UCD) is Ireland’s largest and most richly diversified university. It provides a broad range of courses grouped into six Colleges (College of Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Engineering & Architecture, College of Health & Agricultural Sciences, College of Social Sciences & Law, College of Science). UCD is a vibrant, modern university of over 32,000 students situated on a spacious and leafy campus some 5km to the south of Dublin city centre.
Located on the east coast of Ireland, Dublin began as a Viking settlement founded over one thousand years ago. In the 21st century, with a population of over one million people, Dublin is the thriving capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the centre of the political, diplomatic, administrative and commercial life of the country. Famous for its literary tradition, Ireland's capital has been home to writers from Jonathan Swift to William Butler Yeats and James Joyce. A visit to Dublin allows you to explore both the historical and the modern, from castles and churches to cafés and clubs.
- Undergraduate level exchange only.
- Academic Year: September – May (first semester: September – December; second semester: January – May).
- Course Load: minimum 20 ECTS (four modules); maximum 30 ECTS (six modules) per semester.
- Workload per course: the majority of modules are worth 5ECTS, amounting to 125 hours per semester.
- Course progression system: similar to Otago's.
- Restricted courses: Law, Psychology, English level 3, History level 3.
- English Literature - you will be allowed a maximum of one course at 300 level per semester.
- Psychology - courses are restricted to a maximum of 2 courses per semester, regardless of the level. Otago students can only get credit for 1 PSYC300 at UCD.
- History - there are a few specific courses that are restricted, courses are reviewed on a course by course basis after you apply to UCD.
- UC Dublin course offerings per Department/academic year
- UC Dublin course search
- University College Dublin courses
- University College Dublin semester dates
- University College Dublin accommodation
- UC Dublin cost of living
- Student Life
- UCD Disability Office
- UCD visa and immigration information
- Visas and insurance information for students going on exchange
- 2022 S2 LLB BA POLS NML
- 2019 S2 LLB BA SOCI BL
- 2019 S2 LLB BA GEOG TM
- 2019 S1 LLB BA ECON IE
- 2019 S1 LLB BA POLS CM
- 2019 S1 LLB BA POLS SL
- 2018 S2 BA ANTH LLB MH
- 2018 S1 BA POLS LLB AW
- 2018 S1 LLB BA POLS SC
- 2017 S2 BSc GEOL RE
- 2017 S2 BSc GEOL TL
You may also want to read the Lochlann Quinn School of Business exchange experiences.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.