Last updated September, 2022
The University of Exeter combines world-class research with excellent student satisfaction. Depending on your choice of degree, you may be based at our Streatham Campus in Exeter, or at our Penryn Campus in Cornwall. Both locations offer green campuses in some of the most beautiful parts of the country and are home to 22,000 students from over 130 countries.
Exeter is home to our main site, the Streatham Campus on the edge of the city. Set in the heart of the beautiful Devon countryside, Exeter is consistently rated as one of the best places to live, work, and study in the UK. It's a lively, vibrant city with a strong independent sector. The cathedral city of Exeter is Devon's capital and the exquisite coastline and impressive national parks are only a short drive, cycle, bus or train journey away. With direct flights from Exeter to London, the city is better connected and more accessible than ever.
The Penryn Campus in Cornwall is located near Falmouth – a vibrant town with a wealth of bars and restaurants and a lively café culture. Falmouth’s seven beaches, beautiful rivers and the world-famous marina also make it a haven for those who love sand, sailing and surf.
- Undergraduate exchange, postgraduate may be possible.
- Academic Year: September – June (semester 1: September – January; Semester 2: January – June).
- Minimum course load: 45 credits per semester; maximum course load: 60 credits per semester.
- Course numbering system: first year modules begin with 1, second year with 2, third year with 3 and graduate level have an M in the course (BEM1010 - First year, BEM2010 - Second year, BEM3010 - Third year, BEMM010 - Graduate).
- 15 Exeter credits =150 hours of work.
- You should take 50% of your courses at the same department.
- All language courses are full year. Students taking language courses must start in September.
- Drama courses are available only if this is your major at Otago.
- The following courses are NOT available: Neuroscience and Psychology
- Exeter cannot guarantee module availability, you need to have flexibility in terms of courses you can take on exchange.
- Your course selection will be finalized upon arrival at Exeter.
- Marine Biology is taught at our Penryn campus, around 1.5 hours (by car) south of Exeter. At Penryn, students study at the Centre for Ecology and Conservation, and undergraduate programmes offered there include Conservation Biology and Ecology, Environmental Science and Zoology.
- Postgraduate studies – in principle, Exeter may accept students onto PGT modules, as long as the student meets the pre-requisites for those courses. As usual, the space on the modules is subject to availability so students must ensure they have back-up modules.
- University of Exeter videos
- Exchange at Exeter
- Courses available
- Ecology, Environmental Science and Zoology
- Exeter semester dates
- Exeter accommodation
- Exeter cost of living
- Student life
- Pre-Arrival Information
- Disabilities services
- University of Exeter Visa Information
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2022 S2 LLB BCom ACCT SA (PDF)
- 2022 S2 LLB BCom INFO FINC SA (PDF)
- 2019 S2 BCom MART BAppSc SPNU CW (PDF)
- 2018 S2 LLB BA PSYC HB (PDF)
- 2018 S1 and 2017 S2 BSc GEOG DM (PDF)
- 2018 S1 BCom ACCT TG (PDF)
- 2017 S2 BA POLS GB (PDF)
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.