Last updated March, 2021
Known for its reliability and innovation, whether at the frontier of education or in advances in research and information, Fundação Getulio Vargas has built up a solid and unique legacy over the generations since it was founded over 70 years ago. FGV has a vast education portfolio, offering undergraduate,professional master’s, academic master’s and PhD courses on public and business administration, economics, law, the social sciences, and applied mathematics.
São Paulo is Brazil’s largest city and the world’s seventh largest. This makes it a significant destination for business and pleasure travellers around the world who want to get a taste of Brazil and South America. The city of São Paulo is capital to the state of the same name. It is particularly rich in historical, political and cultural value, giving visitors an authentic, memorable experience of a fascinating country. São Paulo is home to a number of statues, parks, museums and galleries. These create the perfect ambience in which to wander, while taking in the sights and sounds of this destination.
- Undergraduate, graduate and MBA level exchange.
- Language of Instruction:
English and Portuguese Academic year: February to December (Semester 1: February to June; Semester 2: August to December. Terms based (MBA, MSc & IPM): Term 1: February to April; Term 2: April to June; Term 3: August to October; Term 4: October to December).
- FGV_EAESP offers a range of law and commerce courses in English. Commerce courses are divided into Graduate programs, such as MBA, MSc (MPGI - MSc in International Management and MPGPP – Professional Master in Public Policy Management), Part-time MBA and Undergraduate program (IPM – International Program in Management – international track inside of the undergraduate program).
- Minimum course load is 16 credits per semester: 4 courses per semester; 4 courses per trimester (IPM, MSc & MBA)
- Undergraduate students can choose a mix of courses from IPM and courses taught in English.
- Each IPM course has 2 credits = 30 contact hours. Courses in English may have either 2 or 4 credits (30 or 60 contact hours).
- FGV does not offer accommodation; you will be required to find your own accommodation in Sao Paulo. The Office of International Affairs will give you some information on accommodation options and will help you to secure suitable accommodation before you arrive.
- FGV-EAESP offers 30 hours of Portuguese Language Course for free for all exchange students.
- Note: information on course availability is not released too far in advance. Therefore flexibility on course options is required for students who wish to attend FGV-EAESP.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.