Last updated January, 2021
UNC Kenan-Flagler is one of the top-ranked business schools in the USA. Their faculty members are leaders in their fields and are truly dedicated to teaching the business leaders of tomorrow.
Chapel Hill is often called the Southern part of heaven for its clear blue skies, Southern hospitality, great climate, and small-town feel (57,000 residents). It is located in the central part of North Carolina known as the Piedmont. North Carolina is one of the fastest growing states in the United States due to expanding real estate, finance, and insurance businesses and a mild climate that offers easy access to diverse geography like beaches and mountains.
- Undergraduate level exchange only.
- Academic Year: August – May (Fall Term: August - December; Winter Term: January - May).
- Minimum course load – 12 UNC credits; maximum course load – 18 UNC credits per semester.
- A semester-long Business course is worth 3 UNC credits; a mod-length Business course is worth 1.5 UNC credits.
- Each UNC credit has 12.5 contact hours.
- Class format: lecture, discussion, and seminars based on case preparation, team projects, and required readings.
- Attendance required for all courses.
- Visiting Exchange Students are permitted to take no more than one course outside Kenan-Flagler.
- Kenan-Flagler courses
- Course Numbering System
- UNC Academic Calendar
- Cost of living
- Accommodation at UNC
- Life at Chapel Hill
- UNC Fact Sheet (PDF)
- UNC - Otago Fact Sheet
- Kenan-Flagler MBA - Otago Fact Sheet
- Disability Services
- USA Visa
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.