Last updated January, 2021
The University of Manchester has a distinguished heritage that started back in 1824. The University is part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, with outstanding facilities and the widest range of courses. We are highly respected across the globe as a centre of teaching excellence and innovative research. With 25 Nobel prize winners among our current and former staff and students, The University of Manchester has a history of world firsts and brilliant discoveries, from splitting the atom to giving the world graphene.
The first of Britain’s great modern cities, Manchester is a true original; a confident, creative, contemporary city that likes to do things differently.
The city has an international sporting pedigree and one of the richest and most influential arts and music scenes. There are world-class events, venues and attractions to suit every lifestyle, with a lively, culturally diverse city centre that’s easy to enjoy on a student budget.
- Undergraduate exchange within Sciences and Humanities.
- Academic Year: September - June (First semester: September - January; Second semester: January - June)
- Please refer to the link below for course restrictions.
- The full workload for the year is 120 Manchester credits - 60 Manchester credits per semester. Undergraduate exchange students should take six 10 credit courses per semester but are permitted to take a minimum of five 10 credit courses. A 10 credit course is equal to five ECTS credits. Undergraduate exchange students are not permitted to take less than five courses.
- University of Manchester flyover
- Restricted subject areas
- Manchester course descriptions
- Manchester semester dates
- Accommodation at Manchester
- Manchester Cost of Living
- International student information
- Disability Support at Manchester
- Manchester visa information
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2019 S2 BA POLS LLB PT
- 2019 S1 BA BIBS SW
- 2019 S1 BSc GEOG LLB ET
- 2018 S1 LLB BA SOCI SA
- 2017 S2 BA HIST JG
You may also want to read the Alliance Manchester Business School Exchange Experiences.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.