Last updated January, 2021
Founded in 1841, Queen's University is one of Canada's leading universities. Based in Kingston, Ontario, Queen's is a member of the prestigious U15 group of research-intensive universities and holds an international reputation for the outstanding academic quality of its faculty and students.
Queen's campus-based university and large number of student clubs contribute to a warm and welcoming atmosphere, making it easy to get involved, make friends and become part of the Queen's community.
Situated on the shore of Lake Ontario, Kingston provides the perfect place to call home, while still being within easy reach of Toronto and Montreal - two of Canada's largest cities.
- Undergraduate and graduate level exchange available.
- Academic Year: September - April (Fall Semester: September - December; Winter Semester: January - April).
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences - Minimum course load - 4 courses (12 units) per semester (recommended); Maximum course load - 5 courses (15 units) per semester
- School of Business - Minimum course load - 3 courses per semester (recommended); Maximum course load - 5 courses per semester
- Courses numbered 100 to 199 are normally taken in first year; courses 200 to 299 - 2nd year; 300 to 399 - 3rd year; courses numbered 400 to 499 are normally taken in fourth year.
- Full year 6.0 unit courses extend throughout the Fall/Winter terms.
- 3.0 unit courses are offered within the Fall or Winter terms. A 6.0 unit course normally involves 220-260 hours of learning hours (laboratories and tutorials may also be required); a 3.0 unit course involves 110-130 hours of learning hours.
- Exchange students are not permitted to enroll in courses offered by the Faculty of Law.
- Availability may be limited in some departments (Economics, English, Mathematics and Kinesiology and Health Studies).
- Queens University
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- School of Business
- School of Graduate Studies
- Queen's key dates
- QUIC- Accommodation
- QUIC International
- Estimated living expenses
- Insurance requirements
- Disability Services at Queen's
- Information on student visas and insurance for students going on exchange
- 2019 S2 BASc POLS TW
- 2018 S2 BCom ACCT EB
- 2018 S1 BA HIST CTWF
- 2017 S2 MPlan SW
- 2017 S2 BCom MANT BSc PSYC KT
- 2017 S2 BSc PSYC NEUR EF
- 2017 S2 BA MFCO JL
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.