Last updated January, 2021
The University of Richmond is a private, predominantly undergraduate university located in Richmond, Virginia, spread over 350 acres in a beautiful suburban setting. students pursue more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations through courses offered by the University of Richmond's five schools. Students who come to Richmond can expect to find a wealth of opportunities to get involved in campus clubs that range from almost every interest you can imagine. Those who join campus organizations often report how engaging and fulfilling it can be when fully immersed in campus life.
As the capital of Virginia, Richmond, is at the center of the state’s business and government activity. From a river running through the heart of the city to a thriving arts scene, there's plenty to love. A two-hour drive in any direction and you can dip your toes in the Atlantic Ocean, wind through the Blue Ridge Mountains on the Appalachian Trail, or reach Washington, D.C.
- Undergraduate level exchange only.
- Academic Year: August – May (Fall Term: August – December; Winter Term: January – May).
- Minimum Course Load: 4 units per semester (recommended); Maximum course load: 5 units per semester. Most courses at worth 1 unit, which equates to 10-14 hours per week during the semester.
- Each subject field has their own system of calculating progression (if at all).
- Otago exchange students can enroll in the majority of UR classes as long as they meet the pre-requisites. Some courses that exchange students are not able to take are graduate courses (MBA, Law, our School of Professional & Continuing Studies) and courses specific to 1st year (First Year Seminars) or 4th year students.
- Restricted programmes for exchange students: Course numbers ending in "U".
- Approximately 92% of undergraduates live on campus. Exchange students are not permitted to live off-campus.
- You'll be automatically enrolled and billed for the health insurance plan offered by Richmond.
- University of Richmond Fact Sheet
- Arts and Sciences
- Robins School of Business
- Academic Calendar
- Student Housing Information
- Website for Exchange Students
- UR information for international students
- Disability Services
- Insurance requirements
- Visa information
- 2022 S2 & 2023 S1 FY BCom MANT MART EM (PDF)
- 2019 S2 & 2020 S1 BSc ECON ACCT EC (PDF)
- 2018 FY BCom FINC ECON SK (PDF)
- 2017 FY BA PSYC PHIL AC (PDF)
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.