Last updated April, 2021
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is Singapore’s flagship university, which offers a global approach to education and research, with a focus on Asian perspectives and expertise.
Located at the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, Singapore boasts high-rise buildings that sit comfortably next to landscaped gardens. It is an immigrant nation with a significant link to the global economy making it one of the most globalized countries in the world. Singapore’s past reputation as a stopover destination has long been converted into one of being an exciting urban playground with specific entertainment options developed for travelers over the years: nature reserves, riverside quays, animal and marine parks, nightlife, world class restaurants and more. Everything a traveler might crave is in its 710 sq km land area (it is one of the smallest countries in the world and the smallest in the region).
- Language of instruction: English
- Undergraduate level exchange, or MBA.
- Academic Year: August - May (Semester 1: August - December; Semester 2: January - May)
- Exchange students are required to take a minimum of 12 modular credits (MCs) per semester (approx. 3 modules) and no more than 20 MCs (approx. 5 modules). Each module of study has a unique module code consisting of a two- or three-letter prefix that denotes the discipline, and four digits, the first of which indicates the level of the module (e.g., 1000 indicates a Level 1 module and 2000, a Level 2 module).
- Students may not be in your graduating year/ semester of studies while on exchange.
- Students must have at least an average of “B” grade in the declared major of studies at home university for better chances of securing modules amidst the competition. No grade below “C” in the major of studies.
- Marketing majors need flexibility in courses.
- Business students applying for a full year exchange will only be considered for Business modules for one out of the two semesters of exchange at NUS.
- Business, Economics, Psychology and Political Science modules are oversubscribed. Students are recommended to consider taking alternative modules at NUS.
- Law modules are not open to exchange.
- NUS courses for exchange students
- NUS Module restrictions
- NUS module descriptions
- NUS Business School
- NUS MBA
- NUS exchange "before applying" (for course information, academic calendar, accommodation options)
- NUS exchange "after applying" (for cost of living, visa, etc.)
- 2019 S2 BCom ECON MART JZ
- 2019 S2 BSc STAT CH
- 2019 S2 BCom ACCT RM
- 2019 S1 BSc COMP HC
- 2019 S1 BSc COMP OB
- 2019 S1 BSc COMP YDR
- 2018 S1 BA POLS HIST AG
- 2018 S1 BCom BA INTB ECON TW
- 2018 S1 MBA SS
- 2017 S2 LLB BCom ACCT CD
- 2017 S2 BCom BSc ECON FINC HH
- 2017 S1 BSc MATH AS
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org