Study Abroad tuition fees for 2022
|Full year (two semesters)||NZ$26,400|
|Summer School||NZ$3,300 per course |
(maximum of two courses permitted)
Details to note about the fees
- If you intend to study for two semesters commencing in semester 2 2022, your semester 1 2023 fee will be assessed at the 2023 fee rate.
- Study Abroad fees are inclusive of tuition fee, GST (NZ Goods & Services tax), University of Otago Students Services Fee, on-campus orientation programme, and end of study transcript copy and forwarding.
- The tuition fee does not include costs for textbooks, some course materials, and field trips.
Detailed information on the University's refund policies, fee protection policy, and how to pay tuition fees can be found elsewhere on this website.
Study Abroad estimated living costs (for one semester)
The table below provides an estimate of living costs in NZ dollars based on 2021 costs. Actual costs for accommodation will be supplied on application. To convert these amounts to another currency, you may wish to use the following currency converter https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter.
|Rent (accommodation including electricity, bed linen, and Uni Flats support and community events)||$5,166|
|Total living costs||$10,291|
Details to note about the estimated living costs
- The costs assume a single student sharing a fully furnished University flat for one semester (24 week lease).
- Travel costs within Dunedin are negligible as most accommodation, shopping and services are within walking distance of the campus.
- This estimate budget does not include travel costs or significant personal expenditure items.