The application process
- You check your eligibility for the programme
- You apply to to take part in the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme
- You attend a 15-minute interview
- You are allocated a place at one of your preferred institutions
- You seek formal approval from appropriate department(s) and division(s)
- Application information specific to your host institution is sent to you
- You complete and return required documents to your Otago Exchange Adviser
- Your formal acceptance documents arrive and you apply for your student visa
- Your exchange semester starts
- The transcript from your host institution arrives and your Otago credits are processed
When to apply
|Otago’s semester||Apply by||Where to|
|S1 2020||15 April 2019 (1)||All partner institutions|
|S1 2020||30 September 2019 (2)||Institutions still open|
|S2 2020||03 September 2019 (1)||All partner institutions|
|S2 2020||31 March 2020 (2)||Institutions still open|
(1) Applications are processed from the apply by date; you are then invited to attend an interview; you are asked to consider up to five choices of destination; placement is confirmed after all interviews have been held.
(2) Applications are processed daily; you are invited to attend an interview straight away; you may select only one destination that reads ‘Yes’ under ‘applications being accepted’ on the Otago Global Student Exchange List of Partner Institutions; applications are considered on a first in first served basis.
We encourage students to apply by the preferred date (1) where possible.
How to apply
- Log on to eVision
- Go to ‘Programme and Papers’
- ‘Apply for Global Exchange’ listing five exchange institutions in order of preference (you may make changes to this list at the time of your interview).
- If applying for a full academic year you will need to put in two applications.
- If applying for less than one semester exchange, select ‘short course’ under ‘period’.
- No additional document needed.
Before submitting your application
- Attend a Otago Global information session
- Plan to Go on Exchange
- Choose institutions from the list of approved partners for your Division (where applicable).
- Identify your destinations of choice in order of preference and be prepared to attend any of them.
- Ensure courses you need to take are offered in English (if applicable) and in the semester you will be on exchange.
Contact an Exchange Adviser if you have any questions