Applying to the University of Otago as an exchange student:
- An Exchange Adviser at Otago receives nomination from your home university.
- An Exchange Adviser at Otago emails the application instructions to you.
- You apply online.
- You receive an email acknowledgement when you have completed the online application.
- An offer of place is emailed to you within four to six weeks.
- You apply for your NZ student visa.
After you receive our email
Please wait for the the email from the Exchange Adviser at Otago before progressing with your application.
1 - You create an eVision account
2 - You complete the online application by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
3 - As you go through the online application, you will upload your supporting documents:
- Original or certified copies of all previous tertiary level studies undertaken (a full academic transcript showing all subjects attempted, including failures, marks, or grades). The International Office will also accept documents that have been certified/notarised by staff of the Exchange office at your home institution.
- A key/guide to the grading system must also be included.
- Evidence of English language proficiency (if applicable).
- Documents not in English must be accompanied by official English language translations.
- You are required to provide proof of your identity; this is usually achieved by providing a certified copy of the personal details page of your passport or a birth certificate (in English). A scanned document may be uploaded in the first instance, but a 'hard copy' original or certified version of that document will be required in order to complete your enrolment.
Your witnessed proof of identity document must be posted to:
St David 2
University of Otago
PO Box 54
We will contact you directly if additional information is required.