Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated December, 2018
Languages of Instruction
English and Chinese.
- Courses offered in English
- Courses in Chinese
- Students may register in basic Chinese language courses, free of charge.
- Academic Year: August - June
- Fall Term: August - January
- Spring Term: March - June
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
- Students must take 6 to 15 credits per semester (2-8 courses)
- Average course load: 10 credits for one semester (5 courses)
- One hour class per week throughout the semester stands for one credit at Fudan. An academic semester includes 18 weeks.
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
- On-campus and off campus accommodation available.
- Student Dormitory at Fudan
Estimated Cost of Living
- Please budget for RMB 11,000 to RMB 24,000 per semester (2018).
- Note: Costs are lower if you manage to secure on campus accommodation.
Scholarships available for students going to China
Student Visa and Insurance
Information on Student Visas and Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2018 S1 BCom ACCT CM (767K PDF format)
- 2018 S1 BCom MART MANT RK (949K PDF format)
- 2018 S1 BCom MANT RS (565K PDF format)
- 2016 S1 BA CHIN LLB YK
The University, City and Region
Founded in 1905, Fudan University is one of the best known comprehensive universities with international reputation for academic excellence. It is ranked 6th among the top 100 universities in China based on Sina Ranking 2009. The University’s strengths are Economics, Literature, History, Law, Science, Management, Philosophy and Social Sciences. Fudan University has established exchange relationships with more than 200 universities and research institutions in about 30 countries and regions.
Fudan consists of 29 schools and departments, with seventy undergraduate disciplines. Fudan University has a student population of more than 44,000 students.
The university has established a Bachelor of Arts program called the Chinese Language for international students. Besides all levels of Chinese language teaching, the university has opened courses such as Chinese literature, Chinese history, Chinese economy, Chinese philosophy and Chinese law for interested international students.
The City of Shanghai
Shanghai is a multi-cultural metropolis with both modern and traditional Chinese features. It is one of the most populated cities in China. It has a permanent resident population of approximately 16 million, of which 12.21 million live in the urban areas.
The city is an amazing mix of the ancient and hi-tech western civilization.
Central Shanghai is divided into two areas: pudong (East of the Huangpu river) and puxi (West of the Huangpu river). Pudong is a special economic zone of banks, skyscrapers and new residential compounds. West of the Huangpu is the old town; with tree-lined streets, 1930s architecture, and cafes and bars.
Shanghai is a city with a long cultural history. There are many cultural and historical sites. A number of ancient sites and gardens date back to Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties and have been well preserved.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email email@example.com