Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated July, 2018
Language of Instruction
FGV_EAESP offers a range of law and commerce courses in English. Commerce courses are divided into Graduate programs, such as MBA, MSc (MPGI - MSc in International Management and MPGPP – Professional Master in Public Policy Management), Part-time MBA and Undergraduate program (IPM – International Program in Management – international track inside of the undergraduate program).
You need to log on to blackboard to access information about courses at FGV-EAESP.
- Login (usuario): ep2007
- Password (senha): EXPR2007
- ==> Choose the tab "acessar o blackboard" followed by "incoming exchange program"
- ==> Then choose "Exchange Program" followed by "courses information".
Note: information on course availability is not released too far in advance. Therefore flexibility on course options is required for students who wish to attend FGV-EAESP.
Portuguese language courses
FGV-EAESP offers 30 hours of Portuguese Language Course for free for all exchange students.
- Semester 1: February to end June
- Semester 2: early August to mid December
Terms based (MBA, MSc & IPM)
- Term 1: early February through early April
- Term 2: mid April through mid June
- Term 3: early August through early October
- Term 4: mid October through mid December
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
Minimum course load is 16 credits per semester:
- 4 courses per semester
- 4 courses per trimester (IPM, MSc & MBA)
- Undergraduate students can choose a mix of courses from IPM and courses taught in English.
- Each IPM course has 2 credits = 30 contact hours. Courses in English may have either 2 or 4 credits (30 or 60 contact hours)
Accommodation & the Cost of Living
FGV does not offer accommodation; you will be required to find your own accommodation in Sao Paulo. The Office of International Affairs will give you some information on accommodation options and will help you to secure suitable accommodation before you arrive.
Estimated cost of Living
- Approx. R$ 3000 per month (about NZ$1,200)
Student Visa & Insurance
Information on Student Visas & Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
- 2014 S1 BCom ECON LLB TS (362K PDF format)
- 2014 S1 BCom ECON MART AW (325K PDF format)
- 2014 S1 LLB OH (856K PDF format)
The University, City & Region
Created by the Fundação Getulio Vargas, FGV-EAESP is a pioneer in the teaching of Business Administration in Brazil and is one of the principal Brazilian centres of teaching, research, publication and consulting in the field of Administration. Through partnerships with the most important Brazilian companies and government institutions, FGV-EAESP offers modern facilities in its classrooms, distance learning centre and computer laboratories.
The City of São Paulo
Sao Paulo overwhelms the senses with its sheer size. With over 10 million inhabitants, it is the world's third largest city and the largest in South America. Sao Paulo and its rival Brazilian city, Rio de Janeiro, have often been compared to New York and Los Angeles respectively. If Rio has gained fame for its striking natural setting, Sao Paulo's attraction lies in its people and its vibrant cultures. The Avenida Paulista's canyon of up thrusting skyscrapers only hints at the city's sources of energy. A more cosmopolitan city than its counterpart, Sao Paulo possesses significant ethnic minority communities, including substantial Japanese, Italian, and Arab and Lebanese Christian neighbourhoods.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email email@example.com