Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated February, 2020
- Courses and Programs
- Program Calendar
- Faculties and Schools
- Course numbering system
- You may take courses offered by the faculty (Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Arts, Desautels Faculty of Management, Education, Science, or the Schulich School of Music.
- You must enroll in the Otago equivalent programme at McGill OR present sufficient educational background in that subject area.
- Only under exceptional circumstances you may take three (3) credits per term outside of the McGill faculty to which they have been accepted, and only with the written permission of the two concerned faculties.
- Desautels Faculty of Management - due to high demand, registration for more than 2 courses per area cannot be accommodated.
- Music student - it is recommended you start in the Fall (Otago's semester two). Also please look closely at prerequisites.
- Normally, Undergraduate students wishing to register for 500 level courses must be registered in their final year of study at their home university.
- Academic Year: September - April
- Fall Term: September - December
- Winter Term: January - April
- Important Dates
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
In order to have full-time status at McGill University, an exchange student must register for a minimum course load of 12 credits per term (normally 4 courses) or a maximum of 15 credits per term.
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
Estimated Cost of Living
- 2020-2021 estimated expenses per semester: CDN $7,500 – 10,000 per semester.
- Planning your budget
Student Visa and Insurance
- 2019 S2B
- 2019 S1 BASc ANTH PYSC ES
- 2019 S1 BA Hons FREN ENGL BD
- 2019 S1 LLB Hons BA MUSI KE
- 2018 S2 & 2019 S1 BCom ACCT FINC NC
- 2018 S1 BCom ACCT FINC EB
- 2018 S1 BCom INTB ZS
- 2017 S2 BA PPE AMcD
- 2017 S2 BCom MANT BSc ECOL NW
The University, City and Region
McGill University is one of Canada's best-known institutions of higher learning and one of the leading universities in the world. With students coming to McGill from some 150 countries, our student body is the most internationally diverse of any research-intensive university in the country. McGill was founded in 1821 thanks to a generous bequest by James McGill, and since then, we've grown from a small college to a bustling university with two campuses, 11 faculties, some 300 programs of study, and more than 36,000 students. The University also partners with four affiliated teaching hospitals to graduate over 1,000 health care professionals each year.
The City of Montreal and Region
Montreal is the largest city in the province of Quebec, the second-largest city in Canada and the fifteenth largest in North America. It is a city rich in culture and history and a well-deserved reputation as one of the liveliest cities in North America. French is the city's official language and Montreal is the second-largest French-speaking (as a mother language) city in the world, behind Paris. The population of Montreal is about 1.9 million, with 4 million in the metro area.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email email@example.com