Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at email@example.com.
Last updated February, 2020
Exchange students nominated to UNC can only take courses offered in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Courses Available and courses/colleges restricted to Exchange Students
- Academic Departments
- Undergraduate Bulletin
- Course Numbering System (bottom of page)
- Schedule of classes
- Students applying to UNC will not be able to take courses at Kenan-Flagler School of Business.
- Commerce students should apply to Kenan-Flagler School of Business.
- MBA students should apply to the MBA Programme, Kenan-Flagler School of Business.
- Academic Year: August - May
- Fall Term: August - December
- Winter Term: January - May
- UNC Academic Calendar
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
- Minimum Course Load - 12 Credit Hours per Semester
- Maximum Course Load - 18 Credit Hours per Semester
Students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours for full-time enrolment.
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
Estimated Cost of Living
Estimated living expenses for the 2020-2021 academic year: USD $10,000 per semester (includes accommodation, meals, books/supplies, personal expenses).
- Study Abroad Office
- New Students - frequently asked questions
- Kenan-Flagler Fact Sheet
Student Visa and Insurance
- 2019 S2 BA COMP TVL
- 2016 S2 BCom FINC NH
- 2016 S2 BSc ECON BH
- 2016 S1 BSc CHEM AM
- You may also want to read Kenan-Flagler Exchange Experiences and Kenan-Flagler MBA Exchange Experiences.
The University, City and Region
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) was founded in 1789 and is one of America's finest universities. Through its excellent undergraduate programmes, UNC has provided higher education to ten generations of students, many of whom have gone on to become leaders in their academic fields.
UNC is the most comprehensive institution in North Carolina, both in the range of its programmes at all levels and in the breadth of its specialised research and public service programmes. UNC offers bachelor, master, doctoral and professional degrees.
The City of Chapel Hill and Region
Chapel Hill is a small college town, but UNC has made it a magnet for interesting people and activities. Although Chapel Hill itself is small, it makes up one of the corners of the Research Triangle. The Research Triangle is the common name for the research-intensive and cosmopolitan area which has grown up around UNC, Duke University in Durham, and North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina's capital city and the largest city in the Triangle. Cooperation among these universities and the high concentration of talented researchers in the Triangle spawned the Research Triangle Park, a development of research facilities including bases for IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, the Environmental Protection Agency, and many other companies and research organizations. All of these high-tech institutions contribute to the financial and intellectual prosperity of this beautiful region of North Carolina, consistently ranked as one of the most desirable places to live in the United States.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org