Please do not contact this university directly.
For all enquiries please contact the Exchange Office at email@example.com.
Last updated July, 2018
- Unit (course) Information / Syllabi
- Degree structure
- “Course” at UWA refers to the degree program e.g. Bachelor of Science
- “Unit” at UWA refers to an individual class e.g. BIOL1130 Core Concepts in Biology
- Class Format: Lectures, tutorials, labs, practicals.
- Postgraduate Units in the School of Psychology are not available to exchange/study abroad students.
- Core Law units will not be available to exchange students.
- MBA - to be admitted as an exchange student into the UWA (Flexible) MBA program (offered on a trimester basis), students are required to have a minimum of two years professional work experience and an IELTS of 7. Exchange students are not eligible to enter into the Full Time MBA. MBA courses open to exchange.
- Academic Year: Late February/March - Late November
- Semester 1: February - June
- Semester 2: July - November
- UWA Semester dates
Course Load and Minimum Unit Requirements
- All students should enrol in 24 points credit points per semester
- Most units (courses) have a value of 6 credit point
Accommodation and the Cost of Living
There are five residential Halls situated across the road from the main campus. All colleges provide full board accommodation, three meals per day for the academic year. Renting an apartment privately costs about AUD130-180 per week. The Housing office is available to provide assistance with finding accommodation.
Student Visa & Insurance
Information on Student Visas & Insurance for students going on exchange can be found elsewhere on this website.
The University, City and Region
The University of Western Australia (UWA), only six kilometres from the city of Perth, is thought of as Australia's most beautiful university campus. The campus is situated among a superb natural environment alongside the Swan River. Its lush gardens are listed in the Register of the Australian National Estate and several of its buildings have been the subject of architectural awards or entered into the Register of Heritage places.
The City of Perth
Perth is the state capital of Western Australia. Nestled on the banks of the Swan River, Perth is one of the most isolated cities in the world. The city has a very relaxed style with beautiful protected beaches and many art galleries, museums and parks as well as some fine examples of convict built architecture. Boasting a Californian climate unspoiled by smog there are lots of outdoor activities to be enjoyed including sailing and windsurfing on the Swan, surfing and fishing off the beaches or a visit to Rottnest Island the home of the Quokka.
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange please email firstname.lastname@example.org