You can use the application forms below to request different ITS services.
Please contact AskOtago if you need further information about using our service request forms or to find out more about a service.
If the ITS service you are requesting requires approval to be given before the service can be delivered, this will be from your Head of Department or Division, or their delegated authority. If you are not sure who this is, please contact your departmental or divisional administration before completing the form.
Some forms use the Ask IT Customer Portal. Once you click on these, you will be prompted to log in with your University username and password which will populate the form with your contact details.
- You must be a postgraduate student to access these Ask IT forms: Postgraduate Student Email Address and Syncplicity Sync & Share Application for Postgraduate Students.
- The only Ask IT form accessible via an external username is: Access to e-Resources.
Please allow 5-10 working days for your request to be actioned.
If you have an urgent problem, please phone AskOtago on (+64 3 479) 7000 or 0800 80 80 98. Only use the forms for non-urgent problems or requests.
- Business Objects - Access to Specific Reports
- Business Objects - HR reports (.pdf, 70KB)
- Authorisation for Making and Distributing Recordings of Special Events (.pdf, 56KB)
- Blackboard – Change of Co-ordinator
- Blogging – New Site
- iPad Loan Enquiry
- Off-campus Access to Library E-Resources
- Recording of Lectures
- Wiki Creation (Ask IT*)
- Create an Email List (Ask IT)
- Email Address - Postgraduate Student (Ask IT)
- Email Address – Role-Based (Ask IT)
- Email Address - StaffMail Service
- Networker Contract for Departmental Server Backups (.pdf, 331KB)
File Storage and Sharing
- HCS High Speed Data Transfer Service Access Form
- High-Capacity Central Storage Request (Ask IT)
- Syncplicity Sync & Share Application for Postgraduate Students (Ask IT)
- Syncplicity Sync & Share Application for Staff (Ask IT)
- imVision - Network System Manager Access Request
- Network Outlet
- VPN Network Access
- Staff - all current University staff usernames have VPN access enabled automatically. This also applies to external usernames of the type "CFI" or "FS Staff".
- Students - A staff member needs to complete the VPN Access Request form (Ask IT) on your behalf.
- External usernames - a staff member (ideally your username sponsor) needs to complete the VPN Access Request form (Ask IT) on your behalf. This does not apply to external usernames of the type "CFI" or "FS Staff" as VPN access is enabled automatically for these.
- MatLab Software Licence Request Form (editable .pdf, 121KB)
- Postgraduate Student GraphPad Prism Software Request Form (.pdf, 78KB)
- Postgraduate Student NVivo Software Request Form (.pdf, 76KB)
- Postgraduate Student SPSS Software Request Form (.pdf, 79KB)
- SAS Work at Home Software Licence Form (.pdf, 54KB)
- Software Order online form (requires login)
- Staff Desktop Software Installation (.pdf, 52KB)
- Student Endnote Licence Application (.pdf, 74KB)
- Student MatLab License Request Form (.pdf, 75KB)
- Undergraduate SPSS Licence Request Form (.pdf, 84KB)
- VMware Site Licence Use (.pdf, 26KB)
- Work at Home Software Licence Application (.pdf, 71KB)
- Mobile Device Purchase
- MultiTXT Group Request
- Online Phonebook – Add (AskIT)
- Online Phonebook – Modify (Ask IT)
- Online Phonebook – Remove (Ask IT)
- Phone Extension – Move (Ask IT)
- Phone Extension – New (Ask IT)
- Phone Extension – Remove (Ask IT)
- Voicemail – Add/Modify/Remove
University Business Systems
- Internet Usage Policy Exemption Application
- ITS Charge Reports Access – Add/Modify/Remove
- Managed Staff & Student Desktop – Software Request
- Multi Choice Exam Marking
- OURDrive Access (Ask IT)
- Student Desktop – Software (Student Request)
- Clinical Lecturer External Username Request Form
- External Username/ID Card
- External Username - Renewal
- Access to e-Resources (Ask IT)
- Request Not Listed (AskOtago)