Tuesday, 18 July 2017
The ITS Lecture Theatre team recently announced recent upgrades to the St Davids and Burns lecture theatres.
The following lecture theatres have been upgraded with new equipment, and are ready to use in Semester Two, 2017:
- St David Seminar Room 5
- St David Seminar Room 6
The equipment in the rooms will now include:
- Fully integrated audiovisual and lighting controls operated by a touch panel located on the lectern
- A Mac Mini computer running Windows (PC) and Mac (OS X)
- Two XGA resolution data projectors with dual data projection control from lectern
- An A4 visual presenter/document camera
- A Region-free Blu-Ray player for playing DVDs, Zone B Blu-ray discs and CDs, plus media from flashdrives (USB port)
- One handheld and one lapel radio microphone
- DVD\VCR Combos are available on request (with at least one day’s notice) for playing VHS tapes
- There will be one input for a laptop available with either digital (HDMI) or analogue (VGA), and audio, plus one active network outlet for laptops
- Projection screens
Touch Panel Upgrades
The following lecture theatres have been upgraded with new touch panel control systems, and will be ready to use in Semester Two, 2017:
- Burns 1
- Burns 2
Need a refresher on lecture theatre equipment?
If you haven’t taught in one of the University of Otago Dunedin lecture theatres in a while – or ever before – or if you just want to familiarise yourself with the new technology, you can make an appointment with one of the technicians to go over how to operate the equipment before your first class and they can give you a quick run-through.