Scheduled Outage: Phones on University of Otago Christchurch PABX - Fri 9 March 2018
Attention: All Christchurch Staff
- Telephone outage: Friday 9 March, between 5:00AM and approx. 8:30AM.
- Voicemail outage: Thursday 8 March, from approx. 4:30pm until approx. 8:30AM Friday 9 March.
Affected buildings and departments:
- 14 Gloucester St (General Practice)
- 34 Gloucester St (Population Health)
- 277 Montreal St (Several groups, including Physiotherapy)
- 35 Cambridge Tce (Barrington Physio Clinic)
- 45 Cambridge Tce (MIHI)
- 4 Oxford Tce / Terrace House (Psychological Medicine and Paediatrics)
- 36 Cashel St (currently unoccupied)
Details: The University PABX equipment located at 36 Cashel St provides phone and voicemail services to all the affected buildings. 36 Cashel St is currently being renovated for a department to move into next month.
On Friday morning, the power to 36 Cashel St is being cut off in order to replace the building switchboard with a new fully compliant unit. During the switchboard replacement, the PABX will not be running.
The hardware providing Voicemail will be shutdown late Thursday afternoon (between 4:00pm and 5:00pm), remaining off overnight. The PABX providing Phone lines will be shutdown around 5:00AM on Friday morning.
All going well, the power at 36 Cashel St should be turned on again around 8:30AM on Friday morning – the phone system should be operational again within 10 mins of power coming on.