Audience: All staff and students using the Staff or Student Virtual Desktop on their own computer.
• Staff Virtual Desktop
• Student Virtual Desktop
For the best experience of using the Staff and Student Virtual Desktop from your own computer, please ensure that it is running the latest version of the Citrix Receiver software.
Note: If you use a Windows PC, we recommend using the Internet Explorer web browser to access the virtual staff desktop as other browsers (e.g., Chrome and Firefox) do not always provide a consistent experience which can make things confusing.
How do I check the version of Citrix Receiver installed on my computer?
- Click Start Menu, then type “programs and features” (without the quotes).
- You should see “Programs and Features” appear in the start menu, under a Control Panel heading.
- Click on Programs and Features to open it - you’ll see a list of programs installed on your computer.
- Look for the line starting with “Citrix Receiver”.
- The Name column will show something like “Citrix Receiver 4.8” or “Citrix Receiver 4.12” (depending on version).
- The Version column will show something like “188.8.131.520” or “184.108.40.20620” (depending on version).
If the version shown is older than 4.12 (220.127.116.1120) please update to the newest version (see below for information on how to do this).
- Click to launch the Citrix Viewer icon on the dock
- Click Citrix Viewer from the top menu and select “About Citrix Viewer”
- The newly opened About window will show you the current version installed
If the version shown is older than 12.9.1 please update to the newest version (see below for information on how to do this).
How do I update to latest version of the Citrix Receiver?
- Go to the Citrix webpage for Windows.
- Click on the “Download Receiver for Windows” button (under “Receiver 4.12 for Windows”).
- Once the file (CitrixReceiver.exe) has been downloaded, double-click on it to install the new version.
- Go to the Ctirix webpage for Apple Mac.
- Click on the “Download Receiver for Mac” button (under “Receiver 12.9.1 for Mac”).
- Once you’ve downloaded the file (CitrixReceiver.dmg), double-click on it to install the new version.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact the ITS Service Desk (email: email@example.com, phone: 0800 479 888 or +64 3 479 (8888)).