The Ask IT Customer Portal is an online software tool that allows you to log your own service requests (you need something done) or faults (something isn't working) with AskOtago using your web browser.
You can also track the progress of your logged calls, ask for status updates, and add additional information.
Go to the Ask IT Customer Portal
Please bookmark the above link to make your future access to the Ask IT Customer Portal easier. You will need your University of Otago username and password to log into the Ask IT Customer Portal and Flash enabled on your web browser.
NB: If you have an urgent problem, please phone AskOtago on (479) 7000. Only use the Ask IT Customer Portal for non-urgent problems or requests.
Why use the Ask IT Customer Portal?
The Ask IT Customer Portal allows you to:
- log your own faults and service requests without making a phone call or writing an email to AskOtago, using any computer, device, or smartphone, and it is available 24/7
- track the progress of your calls in real time
- easily ask for status updates
- resolve your own open calls if required
- view the ITS Service Catalogue to ask for ITS services and provide all the information required to ensure efficient processing of your requests
How to use the Ask IT Customer Portal
Download the Ask IT Customer Portal User Guide and Instructions here:
- How to Access the Ask IT Customer Portal (.pdf, 111KB)
- How to Log a Service Request (.pdf, 307KB)
- How to Log a Fault (.pdf, 187KB)
- How to Track the Progress of your Calls (.pdf, 764KB)
- How to Update an Open Call (.pdf, 203KB)
- How to Configure Your Home Page (.pdf, 199KB)
- How to Create Shortcuts (.pdf, 136KB)
- How to Add Attachments to your Call (.pdf, 474KB)
Download all eight guides in one PDF document: Ask IT Customer Portal User Guide (.pdf, 8.4MB)
Please contact AskOtago for more information about the Ask IT Customer Portal or if you need any assistance using the system.