11.09 N-Tier Client Compatibility with OS, MS Office and Browsers
|Operating Systems||Microsoft Office||Web Browsers|
|Internet Explorer version 11 |
- You need to log onto your Windows computer with an administrative account to install this software
- Launching the 11.09 N-Tier client with Firefox is not supported
- To change your default browser to Internet Explorer, please open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Make Default.
Alternatively, you can keep Firefox (or any other browser) as your default provided that you add the Finance One Production web address to your Internet Explorer Bookmarks (Favourites). You must then always launch Finance One by selecting this saved bookmark from within Internet Explorer
Please contact AskOtago if you need to query any of the above installation notes.
Installing 11.09 N-Tier PC Client Software
Step 1: Log on to your Windows (PC) computer with administrative access
Before beginning, make sure that you are logged on to your computer with a user account that has administrative access (this means that the account has sufficient privileges to install programs).
Please contact AskOtago if you are not sure if you are able to install programs.
Step 2: Download the automated installer script to your computer
Click the appropriate link below to download the N-Tier installer and select Save when prompted. Navigate to a location such as your Desktop or Downloads folder to save the file.
Step 3: Run the automated installer
Right-click the downloaded file (called 'NTier11-9Installer' or 'Win10_NTier11-9Installer.cmd') and choose Run As Administrator.
Click Yes at the prompt:
If you are asked for an administrator password (below) then you may not be currently logged on to your Windows computer with administrator privileges. If you don't know your computer administrator account details, please contact AskOtago for help.
During the installation phase you may be prompted for a username and password to connect to the Finance One deployment server (fin-fs-p01.registry.otago.ac.nz). If so please enter your University of Otago username in the format: registry\username (e.g. registry\bonja00p).
Note that the account you use needs to already have been granted access to Finance One for the installation to complete successfully.
Step 4: Check that Finance One Production icon has copied to your Desktop.
The automated installer will copy a link to your desktop. If it hasn't, please drag and drop this link onto your desktop:
After upgrading to 11.09 and launching Finance One you may receive a prompt to create a new desktop shortcut:
You do not require this icon so just click Cancel.
When upgrading to Finance One N-Tier 11.09 from N-Tier 11.07, you may see a 'SmartDeploy' error message similar to the following:
or the Finance One application may stop responding before you reach the logon screen.
Please contact AskOtago for assistance if this happens to you.
- How do I manually install the N-Tier client for Finance One on my Windows computer if the automatic installation doesn’t work?
- I am a University of Otago staff member. The Finance One Helpdesk has asked me to send them my computer’s information to investigate a problem – how do I do this?
- How do I connect to its-software from a computer on the University of Otago staff network?
Please contact ITS Desktop Support (Corporate) if you have any problems when using these instructions.