The Information Security Office strongly advises all staff and students to update their computer hardware and software as frequently as possible (always save your work before installing any updates).
- fixes any software bugs on your operating system
- means your anti-virus software is more likely to detect new viruses
- is fast and easy on campus
You can update:
- your computer’s operating system
- your computer’s web browser
- your computer’s software
- your web browser’s plugins and add-ons
- Java, which is used on many websites and applications
- your computer’s anti-virus and check that it’s working properly
Please contact the Information Security Office for more information about computer/software updates and patching.