Business Objects is web-based software that allows you access to various types of reports via the University of Otago website, such as
- student class lists
- academic records
- student statistics by class and name
- student contact details in a class
- human resources and payroll information
- ITS charges
To access Business Objects, you will need to:
- get approval from your Head of Department
- fill in the relevant application form
Log in to Business Objects using your staff username and password. Business Objects can only be accessed on-campus or via University of Otago VPN for security reasons.
Business Objects reports
The Business Objects reports you are able to access will depend on your level of authorisation. Depending on your role you may have access to:
- public reports – the reports available under Uni Staff Public, accessible to all staff. These include subject and paper counts, timetable door sheets and University pool rooms
- student information – these reports include class lists, academic records, student statistics by class and name and student contact details
- ITS service charge reports – ITS monthly charges for your department
- Human Resources and Payroll reports – accessible only to Human Resources and Payroll staff
- non-public reports – reports that belong to your division or department.
Please contact AskOtago if you encounter problems running reports.