EndNote is a software tool that you can use to manage bibliographies and references. It enables you to:
- create your bibliographies in word-processing software such as Microsoft Word, WordPerfect and Apple pages
- store all of your bibliographic references in your own private, searchable reference library.
On this page you will find information about licensing EndNote software through Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) including:
System requirements for EndNote software
EndNote Libraries are compatible across Mac and Windows platforms.
EndNote compatibility and system requirements.
EndNote software usage and licence terms
- EndNote is available to all University of Otago staff and students
- Staff and students can use EndNote software on their home computers for University work only. They can only do so while they are University of Otago employees or students.
- An annual licence for EndNote software is available through ITSS.
Ordering EndNote software through ITSS
Please complete the Online Software Order Form to order EndNote software. Remember to provide a username/computer ID with your order.
Staff who wish to use EndNote software on their home computer also need to complete a Work at Home Application form (.pdf, 54KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To request EndNote on your own device, please complete the online Student Software Request form. You will need to sign in using your student email.
For University-owned devices, please contact a staff member from your department to complete the Online Software Order Form on your behalf.
Do you have a question? Please see the AskOtago Service Portal for more information about EndNote software.