Information Technology Services (ITS) provides hosting and support for a number of different business systems at the University of Otago.
Business Objects is a web-based application that allows you access to different reports via the University of Otago website, such as student data and statistics, HR and payroll information and ITS charges.
See the Business Objects webpage to find out more about Business Objects.
ITS Corporate Applications allows you to access a number of different University of Otago databases and applications. The online services or applications you are able to access using your University username and password will depend on what permissions you have been granted. These may include:
- Blackboard Staff
- Human Resources systems and applications
- Disability Information and Support
- ITS database maintenance applications
- ITS Charging
- Māori Research
- Network Services
- Performance and Development Review
- Publications Output
- University Card Maintenance
Please contact AskOtago for more information about your access to Corporate Applications.
eVision is the University of Otago's student management system. eVision lets you access student information as well as exam timetables, paper results, study timetables and graduation information.
Please see the Student Management Systems Support webpage for more information about eVision and other systems used to manage student records, enrolments and timetabling.
Finance One is the corporate financial accounting application used by the University of Otago.
See the ITS Finance One webpage to find out more about installing and getting access to the Finance One software.
MarketSite is the University's supplier online catalogue application and is accessed via Finance One.
The Human Resources website provides a gateway to HR information and online resources that is easy to access and navigate:
- The Join Otago section enables staff and candidates to apply for University vacancies online.
- The Working @ Otago section features key information for staff members.
- The HR Toolkit is a handy resource for managers and administrators.
The website will guide you to the relevant business systems:
- Staff Web Kiosk lets staff check leave balances, make leave bookings and view payslip and timesheet information. Managers and administrators will also use this online tool to view team lists, view and approve leave and administer timesheets.
- Touchpoint is the HR knowledgebase which allows you to read frequently asked questions, ask your own question (raise and track a service request), and submit online forms.
- Online Recruitment System is a new system allowing managers and administrators to progress their recruitment and selection online. Please see the HR Toolkit for more details.
- HR reports for departments – a number of HR reports are available in Business Objects to heads of departments and administrators covering their business units.
Please contact AskOtago if you have questions regarding any HR systems.
MyResearch is your personal research portfolio and enables academic staff to prepare for the PBRF rounds. The PBRF (Performance-Based Research Fund) is the New Zealand government's formal tertiary institution research performance assessment. Please see the About PBRF webpage on the Research & Enterprise website for more information.
Please contact the Publications/Output Office if you have any questions about MyResearch and PBRF.