Information Technology Services (ITS) has many types of software, updates and utilities available for staff to download.
The its-software NAS (Network Attached Storage) contains:
- client software
- operating system updates
- application updates
available for you to download for Windows, Mac OS, iOS or Linux operating systems.
You can access its-software to download updates if you are on the University network:
Using a PC (Windows)
- Click the Start button
- Under Search programs and files, type the following: \\storage.hcs-p01.otago.ac.nz\its-software
- Click Enter or Return
- If prompted for a network password, type in your University username followed by @registry.otago.ac.nz (e.g. email@example.com)
- Under Password, type in your University password and click the OK button.
Using Mac OS
- In the Finder, click on Go at the top of the window and choose Connect to Server… from the drop-down menu
- Under Server Address: type the following: smb://storage.hcs-p01.otago.ac.nz/its-software
- Click the Connect button
- If not already selected, select the Registered User radio button
- Under Name, type in your University username followed by @registry.otago.ac.nz (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Under Password, type in your University password and click the Connect button.
Please contact AskOtago if you have any problems downloading these software files.