SPSS is a statistical software package that includes: Amos, AnswerTree and DataEntry Builder software. SPSS is available for both Mac and Windows computer platforms.
On this page you will find information about purchasing and licensing SPSS software through Information Technology Services (ITS) including:
System requirements for SPSS software
SPSS software usage and licence terms
- Staff and students can use SPSS software on University-owned computers.
- Staff can only use SPSS software on their home or personal computer while they are employed by the University. A second individual code is issued for work at home.
- Students can only use SPSS software on their personal computers for University work while they are studying at the University.
- Under no circumstances can staff and students use SPSS software commercially.
- An annual licence for SPSS software is available through ITS. The licence period is from 1 January to 31 December.
How to use SPSS software
IT Training run a range of SPSS training courses:
Ordering SPSS software through ITS
Please use the online software order form (requires login) to order SPSS software from ITS.
Staff also need to complete and submit a Work at Home application form (.pdf, 54KB) to ITS if they wish to use SPSS software on their home computer.
Departments must order SPSS postgraduate students who wish to use it on their own computers. Both the student and the authorising department must sign the student software licence request form:
Student software licence request form (PDF, 141KB)