MATLAB is a programming environment specifically designed for people who need to analyse and visualise data or do calculations. MATLAB software is available for Mac, Windows and Linux computer platforms.
On this page you will find information about licensing MATLAB software through Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) including:
System requirements for MATLAB software
- System requirements - MATLAB for Windows
- System requirements - MATLAB for Mac
- System requirements - MATLAB for Linux
MATLAB software usage and licence terms
- Staff and students can use MATLAB software on University-owned computers.
- Staff and students can use MATLAB software on their personally-owned computers for University work only. They can only do so while they are University of Otago employees or students. A separate MATLAB licence must be requested to be installed onto a personally-owned computer.
- An annual licence for MATLAB software is available through ITSS. The licence period is 1 March to 28 February.
Ordering MATLAB software through ITSS
Please complete the online Software Order Form to order MATLAB from ITSS.
Staff who wish to use MATLAB on their home computer also need to complete a Work at Home Application form (.pdf, 54KB) and email it to email@example.com
To request MATLAB on your own device, please complete the online Student Software Request form. You will need to sign in using your student email.
For University-owned devices, please contact a staff member from your department to complete the online Software Order Form on your behalf.
Do you have a question? Please visit the AskOtago Service Portal regarding the purchasing and licensing of MATLAB software products.
Last updated: 9 December 2022