Installing Mac Citrix Client Software
Step 1: Download the Citrix Receiver Installer to your Desktop
Download the Citrix Receiver and select 'Save' when prompted. Navigate to your desktop and save the file.
To download the Mac Citrix Receiver Installer:
- Open Map Network Drive on your Mac by going to Finder and pressing Option + K.
- Enter the following in the server address field: smb://storage.hcs-p01.otago.ac.nz/its-software
- Press Enter. When prompted for your username and password, enter your University username in this format: registry\<username> (without brackets) and your associated University password.
- Navigate to the /Installers/C/Citrix/Mac folder
- Check that your version of Mac OS is compatible with the available version of Citrix Receiver (the name of the installer contains the Mac OS versions it covers).
- Double-click on 'Citrix Receiver....dmg' and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation – see Step 2 below.
Important: if you are using Firefox you will need to configure the Firefox Citrix Receiver Plugin to ‘Always Activate’ after the installation is complete. Please contact AskOtago if you have problems or need assistance with any of the above.
If you try to install the Citrix Receiver by clicking on the 'Install' link this will take you to the Citrix webpage. However this may require that you install a Java applet (not recommended) before you can install the Citrix Receiver.
Step 2: Installing the Macintosh Citrix Receiver
When you double-click on 'CitrixReceiver.dmg', you will see the disk image below mounted on your desktop.
Go to your desktop and double-click the Citrix Receiver image to open up the following window.
Double-click on 'Install Citrix Receiver.pkg'. Click on 'Continue' when the window below comes up.
Click 'Agree' to accept the software license agreement.
Type in your usual local computer username and password, and click 'Install Software'.
When the software has finished installing, you should see the following window asking for an email address. Click 'Cancel' as this is not required.
Step 3: Log on to Citrix
Go to: https://webcitrix.otago.ac.nz and log on using your University of Otago username and password. (You may want to bookmark or drag and drop this link to your desktop for future use).
Click on the Finance One icon.
After a short delay, you should see the Finance One login dialogue box. Log in to Finance One using your University username and password, with Domain set to 'Registry'.
- I can’t save files to my computer from Finance One using Citrix. What can I do?
- How do I connect to its-software from a computer on the University of Otago staff network?
Please contact AskOtago if you need help with installing or using Citrix on your Mac computer.