eLearning is an ITS department located within Teaching and Learning Facilities. eLearning supports your University of Otago study and research through the latest technologies and electronic resources.
- make it easier for you to study at work, home or on campus
- help to improve communication
- improve your access to information
eLearning tools at the University of Otago include:
- Blackboard - a learning management system that allows you to access paper information and lecture notes, communicate with your tutor and class members, and submit assignments.
- iPad Loan Set - a free iPad loan service for University of Otago departments needing iPads for use in supporting teaching and research.
- Otago Blogs - A blog (or weblog) is a website that is easily updated with articles, journal entries, images, and embedded links for video and music. You can create an Otago Blog for anything related to teaching and learning, research, or administration at the University of Otago.
- Otago Podcasts - podcasting technology lets you distribute audio and video files over the internet. You can set up a free Otago Podcasts site to give your students access to audio and video recordings of lectures, audioconferences, public lectures or events.
- Otago Wikis - a wiki is a website where a group of people can add and edit connected pages using their web browsers. Otago Wikis are a simple way for your group to efficiently manage your information.
Please visit the eLearning blog for more information about elearning at the University of Otago.