The University of Otago has a contract with Vodafone for their 'All of Government' Telecommunications as a Service (TaaS) Plan for purchase and supply of mobile devices, and mobile device services.
This contract has a single rate for University staff which includes unlimited calls and texts from within New Zealand and New Zealand to Australia. This rate excludes MMS (pxts), 0900 and pay-for-services.
Your monthly data is included in the plan at no extra charge. Your allocation is based on your previous use. There will be an annual 10% increase in your data cap. If you exceed your quota, ITS will be in touch to discuss your data needs.
There is now no requirement to reimburse the University for your personal calls or texts to New Zealand and Australian standard numbers. This excludes 0900, audio conferencing, and calls and pay-for-services.
- Read more information about the Vodafone University of Otago plan and pricing
- Download the University Vodafone Global Roaming Guide
- Review the University of Otago Mobile Device Policy
- More information is available on the ITS mobile phone FAQ pages
Purchasing or upgrading your mobile phone
You will need your manager’s approval to obtain a mobile phone.
- purchase a new mobile phone if you are starting a new mobile phone account
- upgrade your mobile phone if you are an existing University mobile account holder
You will be prompted to log in with your University username and password which will populate the form with your contact details. Make sure that you have Flash enabled in your web browser.
Which mobile phone model should you choose?
Do you have a question?
The mobile phone Frequently Asked Questions and answers refer to University of Otago Vodafone mobile phones. Please contact ITS if your question is about a University of Otago Telecom mobile phone.
Last Updated: 24 Oct 2017